Snappi Cloth Diaper Fasteners (3 Pack)
Snappi fasteners are a safer way to "pin" a prefold diaper. No more sticking yourself or baby with a pin!
An EASY to use fastener that offers a practical and reliable way to fasten a cloth diapers. It comes in a variety of colors and is made from a stretchable non-toxic material, which is T-shaped with grips on each end. These grips hook into the diaper fabric to ensure a snug-fitting diaper with enough natural movement for the
Snappi® fasteners must be used responsibly, and need to be used correctly in order to work effectively.
- STRETCH the Snappi® fastener before its first use. The stretching triggers the 'memory' of the Snappi® to return to its original size, and in so doing, will pull the diaper together to the middle to allow for a snug fit. This is essential for the Snappi® to work properly. This can be done by holding the Snappi® in the center with one hand, and close to the end of the leg with the other hand. Then s-t-r-e-t-c-h a few times (10 or so). As you do this you should feel how the material 'softens' or gets more elastic. Follow this stretching procedure with each leg. The Snappi® is now ready to go!
- Make sure that the Snappi® is ATTACHED SECURELY. It is important that the Snappi® 'leg' being attached be stretched across the diaper before hooking it into the diaper. When attaching the Snappi, hold the solid part of the tab, do not pull on the loops.
- Hook Left
- Stretch ACROSS and Hook Right
- Stretch DOWN and Hook Center
- In other words, the Snappi® fastener should go from a ‘T’ shape to a ‘Y’ shape.
By following these instructions, the Snappi® should be secure and the diaper will fit snugly. ALWAYS place a cover over the diaper and Snappi® fastener.
Snappi®s WORK BEST with terry cloth diapers, cotton prefolds (Indian or Chinese), and other cloth diapers with a loose enough weave for the Snappi® to hook into. They DO NOT work well with tightly woven diapers.
- ALWAYS use a cover when using a Snappi® fastener with your baby’s diaper.
- Keep out of children’s reach when not in use!
- Do NOT use a Snappi® fastener on toddlers that have the ability to undo their cover and take off their diaper and/or clothes.
- Do not use your Snappi® for longer than 6 months.
- Do not leave your Snappi® lying in the sun as it is not UV resistant and can reduce the effectiveness of the Snappi®.
CARE: Clean your Snappi® in hot soapy water. Do not launder them with diapers in the washer as this may weaken the grip attachment.
- Any tear in the Snappi® can lead to separation of a piece, presenting a possible choking hazard
- Do not cut your Snappi® as this could create weak spots in your Snappi®.
- Do not pull on the side strips of the Snappi® when attaching it, as this can cause them to break. These strips serve as a safety feature only, as explained above. Use the flat tabs for leverage.
- Inspect your Snappi® before each use and discontinue use immediately if there is any sign of cracking, tearing, breakage or wear of the teeth or any other parts.
The Snappi® fastener is manufactured from FDA approved raw materials, a polyester based polyurethane which is degradable on aging through hydrolysis and/or microbiological attack. It contains NO latex or any other adulterant, dilutent or modifying polymers. The composition is 100% polyurethane. It is made in South Africa.